Below we have listed Australian eSport betting sites that we have cherry-picked for being the best eSport operators for Aussies. All of them are legitimately licensed, offer a wide selection of eSport bets and most importantly, allow Australians to sign up with them.
Why Do We Consider These to Be the Best Sites?
Australia and real money eSports betting don’t go well together. Most gambling sites don’t have the license required to offer eSports betting to Australians. Unlike residents of most other countries, Aussies are quite limited when it comes to their eSport betting options.
With this in mind, the sites that we have listed first of all accept Australian players. In addition to this, our choice of eSport bookies has been based on the following factors:
- Matches and markets available for CS:GO, Dota 2 and LoL.
- Matches and markets available for other eSport games.
- Value and frequency of bonus offers on eSports.
- Availability and quality of customer support.
- Banking options to use for transactions.
- The processing time for withdrawals.
- Features like live streaming and early cashout.
Ask These 8 Questions When Choosing an Australian Esport Bookie
As much as we want, we can’t assure that all of the eSport betting sites listed on this page provide a high-quality experience in all of the above-mentioned factors. Especially not since Australian eSport bookies are few.
Thus, you may want to ask yourself what you value most in an operator and what you could live without if there isn’t an Australian eSports betting site that can live up to all of your expectations. Ask yourself the following:
- Am I only interested in betting on match winner or do I want a wide range of markets?
- How important is the value of the welcome offer to me?
- Is it important with 24/7 customer support available on live chat?
- What do I prefer depositing with? Debit cards? Bitcoins? PayPal?
- Am I just looking for eSports betting or do I want other products as well?
- Do I need fast withdrawals or would I be fine waiting a day or two?
- Is live streaming of matches crucial to get the best live betting experience?
- Am I looking for any extra features, such as an early cashout option on bets?
Is eSports betting legal in Australia?
As a bettor, it’s completely legal. An Australian individual can never be charged for placing eSport bets online or indulging in other forms of gambling.
However, there is a restriction on the bookmakers as, by law, the Australian government only allows these to offer eSports betting to Australian residents if they are licensed to do so. Licensed in Australia that is.
Many Australian eSport betting sites aren’t but still do. This is nothing that you as an individual have to worry about though.
What’s the age requirement at Australian eSport betting sites?
It’s 18. However, at some sites that offer deposits and withdrawals with bitcoins, you can bet at any age as there is no verification process taking place.
What payment options can I use for deposits and withdrawals?
It varies from one site to another, but with most of the Australian eSport betting operators that we recommend, you can expect the most common methods used globally. This includes debit cards (visa and mastercard) and e-Wallets (Skrill and Neteller).
Are eSport winnings taxed in Australia?
They are not. In fact, any profits that you make from any type of gambling are exempt from taxes. Only the eSport betting sites are taxed in Australia – not the individual.